Time and time again, we watch as experts reveal technological updates to keep up with our busy lives and ever changing interests. It’s through these great advancements in technology that digital has taken over as the reigning go-to television option, as opposed to analog, which is used less and less. Because of this, it’s important to know the advantages of digital television over analog before investing in any personal or business audio video equipment rental in Albuquerque, NM. Let’s take a look at some of these benefits:
- HDTV clarity: The new digital TV age brought with it high-definition picture and sound capabilities, the likes of which analog was never able to offer. If you have HDTV, then you know how clear and realistic the picture is, and the same goes for higher quality sound. This is thanks to digital tuners canceling out interference (removing “static”) from
signals prior to converting them to picture and sound.
- Fewer equipment add-ons: If you buy a brand new television today, it’s going to come equipped with built-in components for picking up digital signals, thus requiring fewer equipment add-ons. At home or your place of business, a box with minimal wiring is necessary to get digital cable, while satellite TV is basically wireless. Learn more about digital from the experts so you get the right video equipment rentals in Albuquerque, NM.
- More features: The digital world has opened up broadcast television to include more than local channels. Now we have hundreds of channels at our fingertips, as well as the ability to watch, record and browse several shows simultaneously.
However, some view the newer digital signal as an inconvenience and wish that analog were once again the sole TV option. Here are a couple things that could be considered disadvantages of digital:
- Special equipment needed: Dated TVs and even some relatively newer ones require a digital converter box in addition to an antenna—the rabbit ears alone will not get you a digital picture today. So since the old analog broadcast is out and the new digital broadcast is in, owners of older television sets must buy this special equipment to watch
even basic local stations.
- Loss of all signals: With the old analog, if you lost the signal to one station or saw “snow,” that didn’t mean all the stations got knocked out. Back in the day we’d just adjust the rabbit ears atop the TV to regain the signal or to fix a bad picture. With a loss of your digital signal, all you get is a blank screen on all cable channels, not just the one you’re watching.
As far as television is concerned, the digital world has changed the analog world for the better. Sure, you can still use digital converter boxes—some places in the world still cannot pick up a good digital signal anyway—but why not invest in a new television set that’s built with internal working components to bring you clearer and better sounding TV?
When you need any type of digital video equipment rental in Albuquerque, NM, give a call to the team at Action Audio Visual. We look forward to helping you!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin